Monday 26 May 2014

Bill's Restaurant!

I met up with my friend Julie for a nice little catch up as I hadn't seen her since December! She wanted to try this place out as she hadn't been before and I'm always up for trying new places!!

Bill's Restaurant in Hoxton Square
Address: 1 Hoxton Square, London N1 6NU

This place is really similar to The Breakfast Club! Their menu is different but they have the same vibe. Upon arrival we got seated right away as it wasn't busy - unlike the Breakfast Club where we would have had to queue for a while until there were seats!  The interior has a warm comforting feel to it, it's a place you can just chill in!

Bill's is a Breakfast/Brunch/Diner place and they also do afternoon tea here, which we only found out when we saw a table nearby had it. It's under £10 per person too!! Bargain!! Definitely need to give them a try for their afternoon tea some time :P

Hot Chocolate with cream
Elderflower Cordial
 For our order we both chose something quite hearty, some good comfort food.

I opted for the duck pie which is a slowly braised duck leg with carrot, rich gravy and pearl barley, topped with a buttery mash and smoked dorset cheddar. Mmmmm this was full of flavour and was rather filling for it's size! Or maybe that's just my appetite haha I didn't even finish it because I got full! I ate about 3/4 of this! It's literally like a cottage pie but with duck! Yum yum :P

My friend had the Mac N Cheese which contains leeks, asparagus and mozzarella, topped with a crispy crumb. She didn't finish this either hahaha both dishes were both filling for us! This was actually quite hearty and if it was me, I wouldn't have been able to finish it either because there's just too much cheese and it's something that I would get sick of after a while lol! With that said, it still tasted good only enough to eat half though. My friend and I could have easily shared this dish :P


After eating we were too full to even go to the dessert menu! But next time we will try it out!! There were some tempting choices....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment