Friday 9 May 2014

Stonehenge!

After the short trip to Bath, we drove to see Stonehenge! It was sort of nearby so why not!  None of us had ever seen it so it was those once in a life time sight seeing trips lol




Initially, we thought it was an open attraction where you can just park by the side of the road and walk up. How wrong were we... It was £14.95 per adult to see these stones... loool somehow we managed to get a lower price of £8 something each. I think she gave us some sort of deal haha and from the ticket office, it was a mile out to the stones. You could either walk that or use their shuttle bus to go up (included in the price). 

We found this amusing because of the umbrella roof lol!
 They also had a free audio device if you wanted to know the history of Stonehenge, we all got one but I didn't even listen to it haha


Finally, we got to the Stonehenge!! And to our disappointment, you couldn't even go near to touch it :( 
I guess it's to preserve their natural state and have no vandalism... But damn, they sure do like to make money out of this! 
Anyway, here's some photos I took NEAR the stonehenge... lol


 Stonehenge from all angles...
After going around, we left to get the shuttle bus back and make our way back to London!

I popped into the gift shop and I really wanted to get this sheep!!! But I used all my money already and couldn't get one :( Sad Jenny... No souvenirs from Stonehenge!

There was also a cafe there and I got myself a Deluxe Hot Chocolate mmmm I needed something to warm myself up!! Don't be fooled by what I was wearing, I was freezing my butt off!!

So that was my first time at Stonehenge! Would I recommend that you go? Maybe once in your life, but I am definitely not returning lol! The price to see it is just ridiculous. Just drive on the road near it and have a glance. It's what you do anyway when you go in haha! I like taking pictures of monuments and buildings, so my time there was alright, wasn't a bad experience. But in my sister's words "Not recommended" haha she's the complete opposite of me and doesn't like these type of sight seeing things. So if you're like her then I don't suggest you go because it will be boring... lol!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment