Thursday 8 May 2014

Exploring Bath!

This trip was out of the blue! My sister wanted to drive down as two of her colleagues were visiting there for the weekend and she wanted to go as well so I ended up going with her and her boyfriend! The drive from ours was two hours, I tried sleeping for most of it because I get car sick being a passenger in someone's car. Actually I just get travel sick from any moving vehicle lol though I haven't actually been sick, just feel queezy! But enough of that... 
We left around 10am and got there for 12pm. Once we arrived, we met up with her friends and just walked around the area! It was a really nice place, spacious and great for scenery! The only thing that put me off was the amount of bird poop there was on the ground.... And one even pooped near us by the river!! I have a phobia for poop so this was not great for me loool I just run at the sight of poop. I've said poop too much already in this paragraph... haha I apologise!

Onto the photos!! I'm such a tourist at every new place I go to lol

 En route to Bath :)
The guys we met up with had already spent a day there so they knew their way around and walked us around the area! We weren't here for long so didn't do much apart from roaming about! So I just took photos of anything I liked the look of :P
So many church buildings!
Street artist at work :)
Adding a bit of music to the hustle and bustle of the streets of Bath. I actually didn't expect it to be as busy as it was! Not as busy as London but pretty crowded!
Then we took a stroll along the riverbank, the gardens here are really pretty but we didn't get to go to any to chill.

In the journey coming here, I did a little research to see what Bath had to offer and saw that there was a spa!! Straight away I knew I wanted to go!! But the two other guys had been the day before and my sister and her boyfriend didn't have their stuff with them anyway so wasn't planning on going. 
Being me, I like to make the most out of a new place with what they have to offer and turning down a spa day just because I didn't have my costume with me was no excuse. The guys didn't mind if I went for 2 hours and encouraged me to go and experience it for myself. They were fine with meeting me after so that was what I did! 
I went into H&M to buy a bikini and went straight to the spa haha there's two spas in this area I believe (from what I saw on google). Thermae Bath Spa and The Roman Baths. 

I went to Thermae Bath Spa - New Royal Baths.

Address: The Hetling Pump Room, Hot Bath St, Bath BA1 1SJ

Prices
2-hour spa session - £27
4-hour spa session - £37
Full Day spa session - £57

You also have the option of hiring out Robes, Towels and Slippers! At an extra cost of course.

 For more information on this place you can visit their website @ http://www.thermaebathspa.com/

You're not allowed to take photos here for the privacy of others. 
But I wanted to write about this place in my blog and show you guys what was inside so I took some on the sly. Of course I blurred out people's faces to respect that privacy concern! 

There's 5 floors here I think.. LG, G, 1st, 2nd & 3rd. 
From what I remember... (Not 100% certain but you'll get the jist lol)
Third floor is the Rooftop Pool
Second floor is the Open Terrace and Aroma Steam Rooms
First floor is Cafe and Shower Rooms
Ground floor is the Changing Rooms
Lower ground is the Minerva Bath and Spa Treatments

Rooftop Pool - This was the busiest out of all floors! Probably because the sun was out :P it was a nice weather to be chilling outside in a pool, the water was heated as well so even better! 
Aroma Steam Rooms - My favourite room! Only because it was the prettiest to me haha there's 4 steam rooms with a big open rainfall type shower in the middle! The rooms smelt a bit off to me so I wasn't in for long lol
Minerva Bath - There's a little jacuzzi bit on the left of the pool and they have hydro pumps on the right. Good for de-stressing those muscles!
Open Terrace - Good place to soak in some sun! I actually got a bit of a tan on my front! Didn't have time to do my back as my sister wanted to make a move so I had to hurry out lol

Overall, I enjoyed myself and am glad I went!! :D Prices are a bit too much for me though... But hey, now I can say I had a bath in Bath... LOL the spa day made my short stay in Bath pleasant :) Make sure to go to a spa when you visit!!

 x

No comments:

Post a Comment