Tuesday 6 May 2014

Thai Thai East !

I went here for a friend's birthday dinner and it was a place none of us had been to before so it was pretty exciting, I'm always up for trying somewhere new! My friend found this place on TopTable and saw that it had quite a few good reviews and that's how we ended up there! Haha

Address: 110 Old St, London EC1V 9BD

I found the displays and decorations quite nice to look at, very well decorated and presented! 


I actually didn't notice the ceiling until we were about to leave haha it was rather colourful inside, mainly reds and golds! 
The tables were all set out nicely with candles lit, it was like going to a banquet! I think it would be quite a nice place to go on a date too, who doesn't like a nice candlelit dinner :P


Going to a Thai restaurant, I always opt for a nice Thai iced tea! 
Definitely give it a try if you haven't! Rather sweet though to let you know!

Ordered a few starters for the table
Calamari
Spring Rolls
Weeping Tiger
Beef Pad Kee Mao
 Onto the mains!! It was mainly curries :P we all got a different one, each tasting different from the other, I couldn't help but have a cheeky taste of each one haha
Chicken Mussaman
Duck Red Curry
Beef Green Curry
Chu Chee Pla
Lamb Mussaman
Jasmine Rice
Pad Thai
Kao Pad
 This was a dinner with 7 people! I was rather full with my meal lol but I  did enjoy the food here! The staff were friendly and attentive which is always good, if there was something you didn't like in the dish you could ask for it to be changed/removed. It was not a problem! I'm not a fan of spicy food and always ask for the mildest curry there is on the menu or if I could have no chillies in them. The mussaman curry was something I could handle, a tad salty for my taste but I made it work by mixing it with my friend's Duck Red Curry haha as hers was sweet and it balanced out my saltiness :P I wonder if you could ask for less salt though... Anyway, aside from that, food was nice and it's reasonably priced. Not a bad place! Give it a try if you're in the area! Probably in my top list for mild curries haha and the Thai iced tea was delish!! One glass was simply not enough! Mmmmmm

x

No comments:

Post a Comment