Sunday 12 January 2014

Bibimbap Soho!

My first food post on this blog! 

My cousins and I were hungry from our outing and wanted something to eat, originally we were going to go to a Japanese restaurant for sushi but it was a bit over our price limit so opted for a nearby Korean restaurant! I've heard of this place since it opened but never actually tried it before, so thought today should be the day to try it!
They have a very basic Korean menu, it has only a selected number of dishes. They have the more well known popular Korean dishes, literally all the dishes I would normally order at any other Korean restaurants so it suited me fine haha I was all set!

 I love their polaroid wall! When they first opened, they took pictures of every customer that came in and those are the pictures that you see plastered on their walls! Pretty creative!

Now onto the food post ;)
 Pork & Veg Dumplings
 Spicy Rice Cakes
 Japchae
 Beef Dolsot Bibimbap (unmixed and mixed)
 
Seafood Pancake

I found the meal rather appetising and got full quickly even though portion sizes were quite small compared to other places. It's more of a lunch place than dinner to me! All the fried dishes were nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, just the way I like it! I love my crispy foods so it was definitely up my alley! I especially like the burnt rice on the bottom of the hot stone bowl mmmm yum! I deliberately leave rice untouched for a while so the rice gets burnt before I start eating it haha

There tends to be a bit of a queue at peak times though, so maybe avoid those times if you don't want to queue for long! It's worth a visit for a quick meal with some friends, there's no BBQ there though so don't go if that's what you want! The service is pretty fast and food comes out rather quickly so no long waits! You also get water served as soon as you've ordered! Perfect! You could probably sit down, order, eat and pay all within the hour! 

Overall, I am satisfied with this place and will surely visit again :)

Address11 Greek StreetLondon W1D 4DJ

x

No comments:

Post a Comment