Friday 28 February 2014

Budapest! Day 4 ~

My last day in Budapest!

This day was a pretty chilled one and had a bit of a sleep in than our usual routine :P Our flight was at 7pm so we had until 4pm to fit in anything else we wanted to do! It was mainly walking around looking at the scenery around us haha

My friend was online and saw that there was an ice cream place near ours so we headed there after packing all of our things!

Gelarto Rosa

Address: 1051 Budapest, Szent István tér 3, Hungary


It was such a cute little place! There's only a few tables there so it's nice and cosy.

With the name "GelARTo Rosa" it was obvious there will be some art work at this place!

Just look at this! Beautiful, a work of art. It was almost too good to eat. Perfectly sculpted ice cream roses! There was an option of having 1, 2 or 3 flavours. My friend and I chose 2 as 3 was too much for us lol. I opted for the sorbet flavours, strawberry and mango. My friend had pistachio and lavender white chocolate. The prices are low too! Compared to London anyway haha the taste was great and I ate it all up! :D Perfect for a hot day.

Also tried their Babyccino and Macaroons. The drink was too rich in flavour for me, had a bit of a bitter taste. Should have stuck with a hot chocolate! The macaroons were lovely though. Had a soft chewiness to it that I like :) I had caramel, after eight and pistachio flavours mmmm :) if I had a bigger appetite, I would have most definitely tried more there haha

After indulging ourselves in these sweet treats, we needed a walk to burn those calories haha and right outside the cafe was  

St Stephen's Basilica

Address: 1051 Budapest, Szent István tér 1, Hungary

 
 After snapping some shots, we walked some more and ended up at 

Chain Bridge

Address: Budapest, Széchenyi Lánchíd, Hungary

  
It got to 3pm so we started to make a move back to the apartment to get our things and then make our way to the airport! It took us a train and a bus ride before we got there. Seeing as there was some time spare I had my last meal at the airport before heading home, at Leroy Bistro.

Hot Chocolate
Duck Ragout With Porcini Mushrooms 

Portion was quite big for me so I didn't finish it all! Plus the gate was opened for my flight so we quickly dashed off! Food was good though, I did enjoy what I ate very much :)

Boarding our plane home!

The journey home was terrible!! Oh my... Didn't expect weather in London to be so bad! There was so much turbulence on the plane that at one point I actually thought we were gonna die... no joke. It was like riding a roller coaster that I just wanted to get off of... I hate roller coasters so much so you could only imagine how I was feeling!! I was holding onto my friend so tight, eyes closed cos I really didn't like the little drops it had here and there. Scariest plane ride of my life so far.... And because of the weather, the plane couldn't land at Stanstead and had to reroute and try land at Luton! If you read my first post, you would know that I had parked my car at Stanstead... Uh huh. I had to make my way from Luton to Stanstead before I could even get home! 

Long story short. I ended up getting a taxi with 2 other strangers from that flight (3 hours later) to go to Stanstead because all of us had parked our cars in the car park there! 1 hour ride came to £60 I think it was? Was better than paying £20 for a 3 hour ride on a coach! Psch had to also drive another hour and a half home from Stanstead. Longest night of my life!!!!

Aside from the journey back, I had a great time in Budapest! :) It's definitely worth a visit as a short break or a weekend getaway! I do suggest you do some research beforehand so you know where you want to visit if you plan to go only for a few days! You can fit in much more that way!

The whole trip cost me around £320 ?? Flight, apartment and spending money! Pretty sweet! My friend only spent £250 LOL I wanted to go shopping you see... :P But food is cheap, travel is cheap, it's a cheap holiday!

So that was my trip!! My next post will be on the places I went to eat during my visit! 
Though I must tell you, I didn't eat much Hungarian food at all... It's a real shame. But food is food! So drool away! lol!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment