Wednesday 19 February 2014

Budapest! Day 2 ~

Day 2

Right, got a bit more happening on this day! Went to see the historical side of Budapest and get some fresh Hungarian air! The ONLY day that was sunny and dry. We tried to fit in everything that was better to go to when dry and not in the rain such as outdoor locations! Also, everywhere I went to eat I will upload in a separate Budapest Food post! 

Next stop, Fisherman's Bastion!

Address: 1014 Budapest, Szentháromság tér 5, Hungary

I actually love that there's signs around Budapest pointing to free WiFi...!! I was able to SnapChat and share my adventures regularly! Loved it!
This hawk was a beaut! So well behaved!
Pictures with my new friend :D it was 4 Euros to hold him! I just had to though...

 One place I regret not visiting was the restaurant that was situated here! I didn't know where it was and just kept walking and went to another cafe nearby instead! We were rushing about trying to fit a lot in and totally skipped walking further up Fisherman's Bastion. Gutted about that!! Makes me sad :( Never rush a holiday!! And also do more research on the places you plan to visit!


Heading over to Buda Castle

Address: 1014 Budapest, Szent György tér 2, Hungary

 The view here was AMAZING! I LOVED IT! Just overlooking to the other side of the river. Beautiful.

After this, we headed back to our place and went to roam the shops for some comfy shoes for me to wear because my wedges were killing my feet! And the floors of Budapest are not smooth... I was just wobbling all over the place and my friend had to be my guide haha after finding a pair of boots, we went back to the apartment, rested a bit and got our bath necessities to visit the hot baths! The place I was most looking forward to in the whole trip!

Taking a dip in Széchenyi thermal bath

Address: 1146 Budapest, Állatkerti körút 9-11, Hungary

Look at these men playing chess in the pool... I found it amusing haha
I was bopping around the pool with my arm in the air because I had my phone on me and was afraid to drop it! Gave me a hell of an arm workout! I wanted to take pics so had it on me at all times.
If I had more time in Budapest I definitely would have checked out another bath! Because this was the main popular one, we thought we may as well go to it for our hot bath experience! It really is just a heated pool outside xD there were more baths inside too which we didn't get to go in because we arrived pretty late and couldn't stay for long :( Wanted to get a massage as well but I don't know why I didn't... Think I was unsure if I'd have enough for the rest of the trip... A shame really!

Day 3 coming up! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment