Tuesday 18 February 2014

Budapest! Day 1 ~

My first travel of the year!

My friend and I were discussing on taking a little city break and chose Budapest! I've seen a few of my friends go recently and was intrigued so I was up for it! Had to go see for myself :D 
We went for 4 days so there will be 4 posts for this trip ;) otherwise it will just be too long of a post! I took over 1000 photos haha but don't worry, won't be posting every single photo!

Let's get started.

Day 1

I drove my car to Stanstead Airport because it was easier than getting public transport but boy did I regret that decision on the way back... You'll find out why in the last post!
Waiting for the transfer to the airport!
We had a bit of time to kill so I had some sushi and a frap :)





We arrived in Budapest in the late afternoon and made our way to the city centre using public transport. The whole trip we used buses, metro and trams! It was pretty straight forward to use :) 

If you plan on doing the same, I suggest you buy their travelcards! Saves you so much! They have 24hours/48hours/72hours and 7 day travelcards! We bought the 7 day one which costs around £14? Pretty sweet if you ask me! In London ONE DAY any time costs £17/off-peak £8.90... Talk about rip off... Well compared to the Hungarian costs haha 


We arrived at our apartment which was right next to Deák Ferenc tér metro station and met one of the owners there so he could hand us the keys, he was really nice! Very helpful too! The apartment was very nice and clean and at £33 a night (for both of us) it was a sweet deal! Those who wanted to know where we booked this, it was at airbnbHere are some photos of our place !

THIS! It was my cherry on top! Spent 2 nights in this hot tub! So relaxing and nice :)
After settling in the apartment, we went out to the supermarket to stock up on some everyday essentials like milk, bread, water, snacks, bath creme for my hot tubbing nights ;) our first night we didn't go out to eat but just got a pizza at the shops and cooked it at home. My friend had a budget of £120 so we couldn't really splash out! Kinda gutted that I didn't try much of the Hungarian cuisine!

After eating, we took a stroll around the area to familiarise ourselves with the streets and shops. There were a lot of things to do and see in that area, you could walk everywhere because everything was so close by! But it was raining at this point so it wasn't pleasant to walk around in! It rained 3 out of 4 days... Such a shame! Nevertheless, scenery there was still amazing. To still look good when raining just shows how beautiful a place is!


So that was our first night in Budapest! This trip is more of an exploring trip so it was mostly daytime activities, our nightlife was just staying at home and on Skype to friends back home LOL After spending a whole day out, you really don't have any energy to party! We were out of the house at 9/10am every day!

Stay tuned for day 2 :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment