Thursday 6 March 2014

Eating Out In Budapest!

FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

*Warning* photos may make you hungry...

This post is just based on everything I ate (aside snacks) during my stay. The second day in Budapest was when we actually went to try Hungarian food which was in a little cafe near Fishman's Bastion.

Piknik Pavilion

Address: Tarnok utca, 15, Budapest, Hungary


This cafe was a nice little spot near the top just leaving Fisherman's Bastion, it's appearance reeled us into their doors. We looked at the menu and saw they served goulash soup and headed right in! There's an outside area you can sit in with tables with lit up heaters and blankets but it was still a bit cold out and we weren't feeling to sit outside so inside it was! Even inside was nice and cosy with cushions everywhere.

My first hot chocolate in Budapest! It was nice to drink a good thick hot chocolate rather than the watery kinds that just taste like chocolate water, made me want to drink it everywhere to see if it was the same 
 Also another first, Hungarian Beef Goulash Soup! I love how this was presented. Being able to eat your whole dish? Sweet! The bread was a bit mushy near the end though and I didn't like that part... lol initial stage was perfect though, eating the soup and eating the bread bowl as the soup went down. Bread had a nice crunch to it and wasn't too hard that it hurts my teeth to bite into, just thinking about it makes me want another now...

Later that night, we went to another restaurant that we booked a few days in advance. 

Citadella Panorama Restaurant

Address: Citadella setany 1. Gellerthegy, 1118, Budapest 1118, Hungary

 The restaurant is situated at the top of Gellert Hill. I found this place online and just had to visit! I'm a sucker for restaurants that have a nice view!
Upon entry the host took any bags and coats we didn't want to bring up, free cloakroom service! You know it's going to be a good restaurant already haha
 Just look at that view! Beautiful. I love a good scenery as I eat, just makes the experience more enjoyable :)
Complimentary starter 
Pork Medallion In Green-Herb Crust Bonne Femme Style With Ceps And Baked Olive Mashed Potatoes 
 Home-Made Tagliatelle With Roasted Ceps In Thyme And Butter (With additional Chicken Breast)
 Citadella Cheesecake With Fresh Seasonal Fruit
 Guinness Cake With Lime And Philadelphia Cream And Fruit

These portions is what I refer to as "rich people portions" LOL bare minimal for maximum price. Although their "expensive" is actually average in London so I wasn't too fussed haha 
The food was great though, I finished my main and ate half of my dessert, I was actually rather stuffed to the rim! So portion size is fitting for my appetite! 

 There was live music here as well, the pianist was pretty amazing. Expected standards for this place I guess! He played well known songs but in a classical style, I quite enjoyed the music actually. Any songs I knew I actually started singing to (it was all instrumental) haha also went to have a photo taken with him :)
 The staff here were really friendly, joked about with me a lot while taking photos, telling me where to go and who I should take a photo with LOL another waiter was actually hitting on me and wanted to take me out...Didn't help that my friend egged him on either!! LOL Two friends were told about this incident later and they both said it sounded like a scene from Taken... Well thank God I declined then ey! Haha! Aside from that, I really enjoyed this restaurant!
 The amazing view on top of Gellert Hill outside the restaurant.

Next morning I wanted to try a Hungarian breakfast. I do not have a clue what that would be and just went into a cafe near our place and had a browse.

Anna Cafe

Address: 1051 Budapest, Váci utca 5, Hungary

Hungarian Omlette with Ham. I actually wanted another omlette with Hungarian sausage and other meats but I think the waitress got confused when I was ordering and I got this instead.... Nevertheless, omlette tasted great. Cooked to perfection in my opinion, one of the best omlettes I've had in a while! Very soft and just yummy! Mmmm 
Coffee with Coconut Milk! Sounded different, never tried it, got it, liked it! Haha

Later that night, we walked past a steakhouse and wanted to try it out. We we rather hungry at this point and I just wanted something MEATY! 

Pampas Argentin Steakhouse

Address: 1053 Budapest, Vámház körút 6, Hungary

Complimentary Starter. This butter they had was the bomb!!  
Roasted Salmon fillet cured with lemon pepper served with whole boiled potato seasoned with butter and chopped parsley.
BBQ Baby Back Ribs from the grill with fries 
Scald Asparagus

This meal was so filling we had to take some home with us!! The staff were really friendly, food was good too. The meat was tender and I really liked the boiled potatoes haha

And that's the last of where I ate in Budapest! And also my last post on my trip to Budapest! Only regret is not trying out more Hungarian dishes, I just didn't know what they were... lol and you tend to stick to what you know when you don't know anything! Next trip, I will be sure to do some research on that country's food and try it all out!! :D

Hope you liked reading about my trip!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment