Tuesday 10 June 2014

Coconut Chia Seed Pudding! [Recipe]

I've been trying to eat a little healthier these past few weeks and it's been very hard!! Stopping myself reaching for that candy bar or a handful of strawberry lances that I love oh so much... *starts fantasising* I must resist!!!!

I have a sweet tooth and to completely wipe sugary goodness is just out of the question here. So I've been finding other substitutes to cure those cravings! Sometimes eating only fruit doesn't do it so when I came across this pudding, I just had to give it try! I've also read good things about chia seeds and have been incorporating them into everything I consume haha and I also love all things coconut! Bonus!


This pudding is so simple to make! Especially when the weather has been so nice, it's refreshing to eat! If you wish to try it out, the recipe is below :)



Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 cup light coconut milk

2 tbsp honey (or your choice of sweetener), to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chia seeds

Optional garnishes:


Grated coconut

Fresh raspberries (can be any fruit)

(Serves 2)

Method:

  1. In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract and chia seeds.
  2. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours! I left mine over night so I could eat this for breakfast! Though I did find it to be a little too thick for my liking, so the 4 hours is probably better!
  3. When ready, give it one more stir and spoon into your bowls/jars.
  4. Garnish with the grated coconut and fruit and enjoy!
Notes:
  • When you are ready to eat it and feel it's a little thick, you can add in more coconut milk!
  • This actually tastes good when warmed up too with the extra added milk.
  • Heck, you can even make this a cooler treat by adding in some ice cubes upon serving! Only tastes good when it's a runny consistency though and not thick! Similar to a Sago Pudding.
  

I will be making more variations of this pudding in the future! Hope you enjoy this! :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment