Saturday 21 December 2013

West Wittering Beach

Summer in England was pretty good this year, we had a lot of sunny days! More than usual... Of course I took that to my advantage and hit the beaches!! 

One place I went to was West Wittering. I never heard of this place until I was googling for UK beaches! It was in the top 10 list of beaches to go to and when I saw pictures, I just had to go for myself!! Dragged my sister and cousins along as well and made a trip out of it. The drive wasn't that long, possibly an hour and a half from our house?

When driving there, you wouldn't even know you were heading to a beach.. It's not like Brighton or Bournmouth where you can see the shore whilst driving there. This beach was HIDDEN. Thought we were lost at one point because our satnav said we were almost there, but we never saw the sea! We ended up following the signs heading to the beach and the parking lot for it was in a field... Haha.

Still, while parking up we still didn't see the beach because it was hidden behind a bush wall.  There were these narrow entrances every few meters in the bushes to get onto the beach. 

Oh my, as soon as we walked through, it was like stepping into Narnia but beach version LOL it was a vast space of sand and sea! I was taken back by the view, it was a clear and hot day so everything just looked beautiful. I'd never seen a beach like this in the UK so I was really excited. It's literally just a beach, no amusement parks or arcades. Pure beach. It was just nice to relax here, it was very calm and peaceful. Great for a family outing and having a BBQ. If you want rides and arcades, this is not the place to go to. It's a nice escape from the busy city life.

Enough of my talking, you can see for yourself in these pictures :)





Vast space of flat sand when the tides were low.

 There's a little island in the middle which some people take on the challenge of swimming to, I can't swim so I didn't even attempt to! LOL if I had a surf board, I would have happily paddled myself over :P


The sea wasn't exactly crystal clear but hey, it's England not the Bahamas haha it's still a pretty good beach and is definitely my favourite so far! I hope to come again next summer but more prepared! 

Address: Pound Rd, West Wittering, Chichester, West Sussex PO20 8AJ

x


No comments:

Post a Comment